acheney

265 Audio Reviews

127 w/ Responses

not bad for one hour! i suggest maybe going back and adding some more stuff to this, like pads or more risers or perhaps even an actual drop. this is a good skeleton of a song though!

pretty cool, i like the authentic lofi quality of this, and that persistent horn(?) sample gives the track a sort of galloping, brooding quality

only critical comment is that since this is tagged as breakcore, the drums could be more dense, but then again i may be misunderstanding the style

CHEEZ2600 responds:

Yeah, I wasn't sure what to call this tbh. I would guess darkstep or techstep. Again, I was very unsure what to call it. All I know is that it's got a nice reese bass. <3

i really like how the pad and bassline go silent every eighth beat, it really gives the track a off-kilter feel

everything else is cool too, i'll have to check this game out

controlled insanity right here

love the chip influence, and the moment at 0:25 where it goes into diminished chords is incredibly cool

CattyxOwOriginals responds:

Thank you!!! :D

really pretty

really cool textures and atmospheres, and the background chords are really pretty

music based on dreams are my favorite

Rakshal responds:

Thanks!

the reversed piano is cool, though there's not much else with this to sustain interest

the melodies are really pretty, and i like your use of borrowed chords! the drums are minimal and effective, and the little brass lead at the end is a great addition to that part

Xaktah responds:

Thanks! :)

a bit loud and overcompressed for my taste, but i like the synthwork and metal vibes with this

real 009 soundsystem vibes here

the cool melodies and nostalgic sound design makes this transcend being stock music

"i am my dreams."