acheney

All 208 Audio Reviews

94 w/ Responses

a bit repetitive for my taste, but this is still really pretty and definitely gives an underwater vibe

the melodies are really pretty, and i especially love your use of elfferich's drums here

i love it when music has a story behind it too

underscore8298 responds:

Glad you enjoyed it! Melodies are always the focus, everything else second. And yes, Elfferich has really nice snareā€¦

definitely very chiptune-ish, yes. idk anything about rock music, but i can definitely hear the influence here

really like the sounds too, especially that digitized hammond instrument

Viraxor responds:

thanks!

has anyone ever compared you to acid-notation? cause if not, i will

edit: this person https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPOemxud8ATqxM6Ivgw74Yg

BlackJacketMusic responds:

not that i know of
(also i have no idea who acid notation is)

the mids feel a bit too resonant for my taste (though perhaps it could be my headphones), but i think that's about all i have in terms of criticism; this really good!

could use some more compression, saturation, eq, whatever to make it thiccer, but i really like the sound design and vibes

really like that little fifths lead in the background, your use of retro sounds is really cool

interesting song, though it is a bit slow and calm for my taste. the sounds and patterns are cool, though it does all feel a bit empty, like it needs a pad or something. good work though!

holy crap, this has a fuckton of energy and i love it! nothing to say really, it is indeed perfect

really love how punchy the drums are, the vocals and pretty much everything else are mixed very well. the song is great compositionally too!

"someone died, someone else is alive."

a cheney @acheney